To begin, I am most pleased expressing how incredibly thankful I am to you, the crew of the MS Rotterdam, for the wonderful care you provide my brother and I during the thirty-two days we shared with all of you as we steamed from Rome to Israel to Rome to Florida. Much more than how efficiently you carried out your designated duties, I will forever remember the friendly camaraderie you afforded us. This was not something I ever expected on my first-ever oceanic cruise, nor, at least in its absolutely genuine sincerity, have I ever experienced such in any large-scale hospitality environment.
I've dined in exclusive restaurants, stayed in posh hotels, thrown away my money in some of the fanciest casinos, and cannot count the number of Broadway shows and musical performances I've enjoyed. I've clutched the rails roller-coasting on sixty-foot waves in the North Sea. It's been over fifty years now since I first witnessed the "green flash." I grew up traveling the world, so at an early age I'd already visited crumbling ancient ruins, museums, and towns with narrow winding cobblestoned streets. Even the joy of sharing all this with my brother, that too, traveling cooped up in a 1960 Rambler American station wagon, I've enjoyed (endured?) for twice the duration of this voyage!
For me, the uniqueness of this experience has been you.
Each of you, all of you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES ON THE PICTURES
- For your personal enjoyment, you may download and share any of these images. I am extending to you all rights and privileges to the images in the "Crew" folder, with the stipulation that my initials must remain intact on each. Should an image be used for commercial purposes credit must be assigned to me.
- The web quality (good for web use or printing up to 5"x7") images are stored in a DropBox public folder at:
- The full-quality (for printing enlargements) images are stored in a Google Drive public folder at:
- If there is a photograph of you that you do not like, simply inform me at it will disappear forever!
- Please, I take pictures so that others can see through my eyes, so you can make me even happier by sharing my web address with friends and family and fellow photographers!