I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

March 14, 2012

YOUNG MR. FRENCHY


... i've no idea as to exactly when this was taken ... the "margin of error" in my estimate, only a few years, is pretty dramatic when you consider that at one end this image was made just after my father got out of high school, before pearl harbor, while for the other extreme he would have just come home from the war, married, soon to discover that his wanderlust would never be satisfied within the confines of tiny rhode island ... forgetting all that i know about my father, myth, legend, and that which i observed for myself, still, in this photograph i see someone i think i would have had great fun knowing ... be it into a burning building, or, equally, simply creating mischief and raising hell, a man i would have followed without hesitation ... 

... questions ... when ... where ... absolutely, what was the vehicle ... can you help ...

UNKNOWN