I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

December 4, 2012

LADY AND THE BLUES

OLYMPUS E-P1 PROJECT

"i feel pretty"
"oh, so pretty"
 "i feel pretty and witty and bright"

 but as they drive by i notice they no longer notice me,
that they never wanted to understand
i was also so witty and bright

now i'm just another poster they've forgotten,
fading behind the glass
fading behind the glass

PATRICK GROLEAU
(WITH, AS NECESSARY APOLOGIES AND/OR RESPECT TO STEPHEN SONDHEIM)


OLYMPUS E-P1 PROJECT

... this evening i strolled up to mainely brews to use up my daily coffee ration while enjoying  dave mello perform some old time blues ... seeming now a very, very long time ago, at a place in my life where i felt very alone and, to no small degree, lost, it was a comfortable constant in my routine to be able to wander downtown to the you-know-whose-pub to fill myself with a bowl of tasty chili while listening to dave strum away on his guitar ... tonight we talked about where each of us has been, and how both of us find it so important to have learned how wonderful it can be to let go of where we're going, and simply devote our energy to appreciating where we are ...