I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 21, 2013

BOOTS

... i took a little ride this afternoon, wandering back roads until i ended up at east pond, where ann asked, "would you like to stay for supper" ... it's so nice, how she still doesn't seem to realize that my answer is always the same ... chuck and i went for a swim out at the rocks, then after warming up on the ride back to the camp i took a another swim in the cove ... on the way home i stopped at the shoe store, where i found the waterproof high-top boots i've been looking for ...


... waterproof, steel shank, and, my preference over the modern glued-and-molded style, a real sole ... didn't hurt that they were on sale for 20% off, either ... considering that my current high-top boots were purchased in 1973, and, being on their third set of soles, are no longer waterproof, i don't think this purchase was really an extravagance ... this completes my wet-weather riding outfit ...