I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 2, 2014

iPAD & OLYMPUS

... for christmas Sarah, Gordy, Liz, Adrien, and Mike & Beth gave me an iPad Mini ... I've been thinking of using one in combination with my little Olympus camera for my motorcycle wanderabouts, so it was a most pleasant surprise ...

... for the past week i've been experimenting ... i've learned how to import both .jpg and camera raw files into the device, what turns out to be a pleasantly simple process using a tiny USB dongle ... after much trial and error i've found snapshot to be my favorite editing program ... now i'm in the process of figuring out how to bring images into my journal while retaining all the formatting options available when i use my desktop computer to post ...


... this is one of the pictures i took last week while walking back up to town after parking my car down by the river ... those of you who interface using Facebook will have seen a few of these that i posted directly from the iPad ...


... here's one i snapped this afternoon when i went for a walk to deliver some pictures to a client ... 


... and another from one of my parking lot strolls ...



... still much to figure out ... workaround to a lot of the limitations of the iPad is to create my journal postings in the blogger app, then format them using the web version of the program ... and, i'm sure some of you will be greatly amused by this, i've still not figured out how to turn off the autocorrect feature ... !!! ...