I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

June 28, 2014

RANDOM MORNING THOUGHTS

REMINDER:  CLICK ON PICTURE TO SEE IT FULL SIZED

... erik and i did the farmington-phillips-smalls falls-rangely-coos canyon-rumford loop ... i introduced him to neat places he could take his daughter ... here's rangely lake with the western mountains as a background ... canada is just beyond the distant peaks ...

... a couple of weeks ago chad, my friend and former student, took me to bar harbor to teach me some things about using my super-duper-you-can't-even-see-through-it dark filter ... this is a 120 second exposure of boulder beach ...

... these're the wonderful tracy children, now officially designated "the cool kids gang" ...



... yesterday i took a little wanderabout up to the canadian border ... late in the day for proper lighting, i stopped anyway to snap a nice panorama of the dead river backcountry ...

... here's an impression of my "back yard" ... i'm the four bay windows on the third floor just above the back window of the black car right of center in the foreground ... 

... ocean scientists, amanda and nick ...

... chuck snapped a best-ever picture of my cowlick ... looking at it i can feel ma getting ready to put spit on her fingers for another of her zillion unsuccessful attempts to tame the errant lock of hair ...

... robert, my friend who is a bookseller (okay, some of us do wonder about that title since it seems he takes in far more books than he's willing to part with ... perhaps "book collector and accumulator who also sells books" would more appropriate, but for sure that would add difficulty to doing ad layouts and sales flyers) ...

... and, absolutely, robert's store, "re-books," is more than just books ... at this very moment this cool guy is waiting to be adopted ... if you're interested, just find your way to the concourse parking lot in waterville, re-books is underneath "the children's book cellar," just a few feet from the mexican restaurant ... 

... while waiting for erik i took napped on the patch of grass next to my parking spot ...

... walking back to my apartment, i did a bit of "shoot from the hip" street photography ...

... random thoughts ... what a wonderful summer ...