I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

December 8, 2014

X-E1 STUDIO WORK

... alison said she was coming over for our annual christmas picture taking session ... as usual, i expected bella to be the star of the show ...


... the thumping on the stairs should've been a clue that was more than alison and bella arriving ... soon my apartment was filled with alison's people ... as an experiment, i decided to use my new fujifilm x-e1 for the picture taking ...

... jakob and trinity ... mechanically, the x-e1 was clearly out of it's element doing this sort of photography ... its image recording buffer is rather limited, so it's difficult to shoot sequential images quickly, and it's a bit slower focusing than my nikon d7000s ... when it comes to the quality of the image it records, however, it holds its own, if not actually surpasses, the nikons ... these pictures were taken using a thirty year-old olympus zuiko 50mm f/1.8 lens ... a very impressive performance, if i do say so myself, but, then again, it's pretty hard to go wrong with this amount of cute ...