I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

March 5, 2015

GRAMMY'S BEACH

... i was asked a question about my "grammy's beach" ... here we all are with my grammy, circa 1955 ... i'm not sure who the little girl is standing next to michael [from my cayman family, help would be appreciated] ... for those of you who don't know, this photograph was taken in boddentown on the island of grand cayman, which is one of the three islands that make up the british west indies ...

... in more modern times, here i am on grammy's beach ... no, elizabeth jackson is long gone, and it's been quite some time since the family held the deed to this little stretch of sand ... yes, it's still just as beautiful ...

... cayman is called "the land time forgot" ... today, with all the development and modern infrastructure, for much of the island that probably doesn't apply anymore ... here, however, in this gentle place where my memory begins, still it seems there just isn't any sense to be found in clocks and watches ...