I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 22, 2015

MILKY WAY

... late sunday night john and chad and i shared a little wander up past stratton to explore the sky from the top of quill hill ... for over an hour i most patiently waited until the setting moon and a bank of clouds low on the horizon combined with this gnarly (john's word choice, not mine) tree to form a wonderful composition ...

... john brought his giant telescope and treated me to an unbelievable view of the furthest visible object in the sky, andromeda ... without the telescope, in a fuzzy little patch that i could cover with my thumb, several hundred billion stars ...

... fascinating ...

All the powers in the universe are already ours.
It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA