I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

April 2, 2017

FIRST RIDE

... not counting a brief around-the-block excursion a couple of weeks ago, meant only to informally transition my motorcycle from "storage" to "on the road" status, today was my first motorcycle ride of the year ... 51°f, warm enough to enjoy riding even if the roads're still a complete mess of frost heaves and sand bars ... i stopped a the tracy's to visit, warm up a bit, and enjoy a cup of coffee ... when i left chad most graciously agreed to shoot my "official" first-ride-of-the-year portrait ...


... using just his cell phone he produced this cool poster ... in technical photographic terms that's called "talent" ...

... i then drove up the road a bit, did a bit of a 45° slide on some sand, then passed the house so he could get another picture of me riding ...


... tomorrow i'm going to mount the side boxes and go for a nice long ride ...

... other places it's flowers, green grass, or putting boots away for the year, but here in maine no snow on the road is what we call "springtime" ...