I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

August 15, 2017

BUMBLEBEA AT THE WIRE BRIDGE

... several weeks ago, in more than a small way a part of my recovery, we took bumblebea and her parents to the wire bridge ... as her mother, rachel, looked on he father, sean, introduced bea to the carrabassett's cool charm ...

... perhaps the most perfect place on earth for a family portrait ...

... liz enjoyed the water as bea began to slowly expand her horizons ...

... approximately 150 years old, the wire bridge, with the clear waters of the carrabassett river flowing beneath it and the sandy beach along the shore, is one of my favorite places ...

... soon bea began to head out on her own ...

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
ALBERT EINSTEIN

"I'm a big potato chip girl. I don't like chocolate and cakes and all that, but I have to have my potato chips. I've got bags in the back of my car right now! But I never beat myself up about it, because, look: You can't give up every damn thing. You need something in your life that you like just because you like it!"
NENE LEAKES

... liz and ahanna, both off-duty teachers ...

“The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.”
ALBERT EINSTEIN

... for me, the wire bridge is about neither the span's structure nor the serenity of stream, rather, it is a place of memories ... liz and adien, their tiny hands in mine, beginning to master more of those ever-so-important first steps ... this moment, liz guiding bea in her exploration ... and, the best of it, that this magical place has both space and time for more memories to be made—

—so many, many more memories ...