I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 20, 2018

A LITTLE AROUND TOWN WANDERABOUT

  ... a sign of the season, light from the setting sun making its way through the living room and all the way to the bathroom door ...
  

... i grabbed my camera and quickly descended the stairs ... when i reached the street i realized that affixed to my sony was a nikkor 50mm f/2.8 macro lens, my least favorite piece of glass, but, knowing how fast the light would fade, i headed out anyhow ...

... two doors down from my place a neighbor was concluding his work day with a nap  ...
  
  
... now that they've renovated the building with the boarded up hairdressers, this is one of the last of waterville's maine street window girls ... i've walked by a dozens of times, dozens of times a rather obnoxious "business hours" sign has tested my photographic talents so that dozens of times i've failed miserably in my attempt to capture her aloof charm ... perhaps the shop owner, after so often having to witness my frustrated contortions seeking an angle that would negate the distracting placard, decided to show me a little mercy—or, equally likely, the sign just fell off the window ... either way, this time i think i managed to capture a sense of her seductive allure ... (okay, it's quite late and obviously i should be composing in my novel rather'n here ... i know that, but i'll figure you can cut me some slack since i did, after all, get the picture) ...
  

... each and every leaf is autumn in full ...
  
  
... a tiny tree, i wonder if this is its first fall ...
  
  
... the sun reflecting off the kennebec river highlights the season ...
  
  
... the lot where the fancy hotel is to be built ... i became fascinated with the sunlight dancing with the wall the bank once shared with the now-demolished levines department store ...
  
  
... silver street tavern ...
  

... i made a nice pause in the center of the memorial bridge ...
  
  
... ticonic falls, where benedict arnold and his troops were forced to make the first portage on the ill-fated quebec expedition ...
  

... wanderabouting, the perfect way to end a beautiful autumn day ...