I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 31, 2020

WEEK 3 OF 2020

... yes, i did say "one entry per week" ... hmmmm, right, how about we consider that i'm going to try to average that, okay ...

... john and i made a little wanderabout down along the coast ... we found this really cool railroad spike sculpture near rockport ...
         
    
... temperature hovering around freezing, little wind, and the warmth of the sunshine made for a most pleasant mid-winter day along the coast ...
         
    
... john gifted me a little glass crystal ball ...
         
    
... sea ice was trying to form along the shore ...
         
    
... perhaps canada's desolate arctic coastline from low earth orbit—no, simply a tiny bit of ice melting in the sun atop a granite breakwater block ... fascinating ...
         
    
... just for fun ...
         
    
... hmmmm, do you think they've made their point ...
         
    
... hidden in the glade i spied upon the plaid-jacketed nutty-haired super-duper-lens guy ...
         
    
... in the little harbourside park across the street from camden's public library, edna st. vincent millay, a child of the little town who became a gift to the entire world ...
         
  
... here she is in 1914, photographed by arnold genthe, a great portrait photographer from the early 1900s ...
         
ARNOLD GENTHE
  
... i've always liked her words, of which some have inspired my photography ...
         
I see things with my own eyes,
just as if they were the first eyes that ever saw,
and then I set about to tell, as best I can,
just what I've seen.
EDNA ST. VINCENT MILLAY

... me, a quick snap by john using my semi-super-duper lens ...
         
    
... in the harbor, almost-ice water ...
         
    
... from a long ago age, a time when during the second game of a double-header it was easy to find an empty seat right alongside the dugout in fenway park ...
         
    
... not all that shabby, considering that i shot this little guy through the plastic screened window on bill's sunporch ...