I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 22, 2013

TIME TO START GETTING READY

NIKON D200-NIKKOR 18-125@75mm-F6.3-1/125th-ISO400
... middle of winter, best of times to post a motorcycle picture ... i've wanted to move up to a full-face helmet, not so much for the added safety the style provides as much as i've had the feeling that for cold weather or rainy day riding such a helmet would keep my chin and lower face warmer, but i've never chanced upon one i found to be very comfortable ... monday i joined roger for an outing to tri-sports in topsham ... while he was taking care of some details concerning his motorcycle, i talked with the desk clerk in the parts department ... after listening to me for awhile he remarked, "i think i can help you" ... he took an L-sized helmet, smaller than my partial-face XL, and replaced the lining pads with thinner alternatives ... end result was me purchasing a perfectly fitting full-faced hjc helmet, including at no cost an anti-fog faceplate liner ... yea, i know, temperatures in the single-digits and snow on the ground, but, for sure, it's never too early in the season to start getting ready to ride ... next on the agenda, cross fingers for me, the dealer will inform me that the machine i want to own so i can do some serious interstate driving, the honda cb 500f, is going to be in the showroom soon ...