I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

May 8, 2013

P&J FIRST RIDE OF THE SEASON

... jacqueline came over after she finished her classes for the day and we went for our first ride of the season ... we cruised down along the kennebec to gardiner, then wandered back roads until we popped out in winthrop ... from there she took the lead back to mount vernon ... with a high-revving 250cc twin-cylinder motor, her little green road-rocket used to leave my suzuki struggling in its exhaust ... this year with my new 650cc bmw, well, let's just say things're now a bit more equal ...

... it's fun to share a ride with jacqueline ... like me, i think she believes the black numbers emblazoned on all those little square white signs along the road are merely suggestions ... and, also like me, it seems she puts off doing her schoolwork until the very last minute ... it was only after we'd gotten back to the house that she informed me that she had a term paper to write, and that it was due tomorrow ... 

... after leaving jacqueline to the consequences of her procrastination, i spent a few minutes cleaning my motorcycle ... this time of year in maine the bugs're a never-ending nuisance ... since the castle island road is closed down for culvert replacement, on the way back to waterville i had to detour along the west side of great pond ... i stopped at the blueberry hill overlook to take a break and enjoy the spring scenery ... unless they've been owned by a family for a long time, camps along this lake are pretty much the province of the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" crowd ...

... another interpretation of the same vista ... the fuzzy dark spots are black flies buzzing around in front of the camera lens ...

... i'd just polished everything up nice and clean, so i thought my motorcycle deserved a bit of recognition ...