I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 12, 2013

MYSTERIOUS BLUE DOT

... liz asked if i'd help her find some "mciver stuff" at the hardware store, after which she treated me to a meal from wendy's ... while we were sitting in my living room she looked up and commented, "dad, there's a big blue dot on your ceiling" ... she climbed atop a chair to investigate ...

... there was a kind of hushed sucking noise, like the sound that comes when a small child hides within an old wooden wardrobe in an english country house, and my dear elizabeth just sort of disappeared ... 

... all that remained of my sweet little girl was her socks and, softly echoing down from the ceiling, a very faint giggling, "i don't think this is going to take me to kansas" ...

... i'm not worried, i'm sure there's another blue dot somewhere out along the martin stream road ... if not, well, i guess she's smart enough to follow a hobbit home ...