I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

February 16, 2014

TRINITY GETS A REWARD

... while staying with her grammy, trinity earned a reward for "not harassing the dog," and she invited me along to share the treat ... we went to dairy queen, an establishment which non-new englanders just cannot quite understand when they discover that business booms during the darkest coldest days of winter ...

... these pictures were taken under an atrocious mixture of lights. of which in pure frustration i had to remind myself that you cannot color balance light sources with different spectrums and kelvin temperatures ... shot at i.s.o. 6,400, lens wide open and with a relatively slow shutter speed of 1/20th second, these hand-held shots are absolute proof that in this extreme situation my new d7000 was clearly within its performance envelope ...







... on the way home the two of them sang the "what sound does the fox make" song ... a sweet child, a wonderful auntie ...