I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

March 10, 2014

BABY SOON & ON THE ICE

... on saturday i took my d7000 to its first "event" shoot, a baby shower for the daughter and son-in-law of a friend ... the mother-to-be was one of my students a long, long time ago ... i shot almost the entire affair without using flash, once again marveled by the d7000's ability to record detail and color at i.s.o. 1600 under low-light conditions ... here're a two of my favorites ...



... for those of you who are interested, you can enjoy the full slide show at my phanfare site ...

... yesterday i took a little wander to visit with chuck ... we sat on the porch, chit-chatting about many things, of which the most exciting were our thoughts of spring ... despite an extremely brisk breeze, we enjoyed the warmth of the sun ... i took a little stroll out to where soon the water will be about an inch over the top of my head ...


... driving out i noticed i couldn't see out my car's windows ... oddly, i thought of my dear aunt francine in cayman, and how she so enjoys it when andrea comes over and washes her car all spic and span clean ... here, i think, he might say, "give it up, man, just go get a new car" ...



... continuing my wanderings, i carefully negotiated frost heave roller-coastery grand canyon pot-holed route 11 down to mt. vernon to visit and cook supper for my friends, and, yes, for a few hours to at least be near my motorcycle ...

... carl and dana and alex were working on installing the heating pipes in the upstairs floors ...


... while the chicken was thawing alex and dana took the dogs out on the lake for some play ...


... ruger, of course, doesn't know how to do anything small scale ...


... i think the two of them should hire on to do a circus act ...


... clear skies above, forty or more feet of water below, two most wonderful smiles ... a favorite swimming spot, now a tiny bit more special ...


... what a beautiful evening ...