I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

April 20, 2014

SPRING IS TAKIN' ITS TIME

... last minute change of plans found rufus without a sitter ... knowing how i keep my super hero cape hanging all nice and clean in the closet, sarah rang me up and asked if i could come to the rescue ... when i get home i'll post all my adventures, which include an ocean voyage, a gimongous rock, a stray dog, and an asphalt colored patch of icy sand, but, for now, i'll just treat you to a tiny little slice of my current wandering ...


... there it is, my bmw f650cs ... all the work i did on it, it's running like a top ... from waterville to portland to freedom, new hampshire, then up 2,855 feet over the top of the kancamangus and down to plymouth, i averaged 72 miles-per-gallon ... my self-designed back carrier is perfect, and the corbin® custom long-distance cruising seat fits my butt like a tailored glove ...

... i've such wonderful memories from when we lived in alaska ... if it wasn't too cold outside we'd take our bikes out on a saturday and enjoy the few hours of daylight cruising around the snow covered roads ... well, when it comes to that, a motorcycle isn't a bicycle, at least, not a 432 lb. bmw wearing relatively slick high-performance bridgestone road tires ... nope, not at all ... still, i think with a set of studded knobbies this could be great fun ...