I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

April 14, 2014

SPRING REALLY ARRIVES

... those of you who follow my wanderings will recall that when i put the bike away last november i decided to install a new high-capacity battery ... 20°f, pitch dark in the shed behind the barn with my only illumination being a storm lantern and the pocket flashlight i sometimes held between my teeth, it was a most interesting environment within which to learn how to disassemble a bmw motorcycle ... this afternoon roger drove over with me so that i could put the bike back together, and, fingers crossed, find out if it still worked ...

... all went well, to the point that we got the bike purring nicely and roger said he'd drive my car back to town so i could bring the motorcycle home ... a quick stop in oakland to get it inspected, now it's back where it belongs, right below my living room window ... some minor work to finish, oil change, fine-adjust the new mirrors (replacements for the ones i smashed up last year), and install the custom tail-rack i built this winter ... i've already replaced the stock seat with the custom built corbin "cruising seat," so my first ride'll be a test of that investment ...

... 12,000+ miles last summer, i can't wait to begin this year's explorations and wanderabouts ... how exciting ...