I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

August 14, 2014

CAPRA AEGAGRUS HIRCUSC


... "goat," a word which has come down relatively intact from the proto-indo-european "ǵʰaidos," which indicates these creatures have been a part of human culture perhaps since the very beginning of language itself ... smart, inquisitive, able to climb trees and eat tin cans, they are most remarkable animals ... the big one came over to visit with me, he spent ten minutes exploring the lens hood and filter on my camera ... while i was occupied with his pal, the little guy stuck his head through the fence and was eating my shoelace before i became aware of what he was doing ...

... goats ... way cool ...