I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 26, 2014

DOCKSIDE SURPRISE

... was going to take a ride down to r.i. to visit brother and sister-in-law, found myself lacking the energy necessary for riding that kind of distance ... roger asked me to do a long day ride with him, ditto ... almost 80°f out, however, so i prompted myself to do a small local wanderabout ... halfway through i was tired, so i stopped at carl & jane's for a cup of coffee ... as i pulled into the driveway i noticed a floatplane tied up to their dock ... my thought, of course, was that c.j. had suddenly developed a new hobby ... it turned out that a young man from boston had rented a plane to bring his two pals for lunch at "the olde post office cafe" in mount vernon ... [hmmmm ... "rented a plane to bring his two pals for lunch" ... taking bets, my money's down that he's not a teacher] ... we talked to them as they were preparing to leave, and i volunteered to snap a few pictures of the take-off ... [once again, i so miss my sigma 100-300mm super lens, but, as i've said before, it's highly unlikely i'd have had it with me riding my motorcycle] ...



... after they took off he did a fly around ... 

... and then he did a nice low-level pass down the length of the lake ...

... growing up next to an air force flight line, it was always my dream to get my pilot's license and become a pan-am international clipper captain ... [the name of that airline company dates me a bit, doesn't it] ... alas, 20-400 vision in one of my eyes ended those fantasies, and, by the time the opportunity arose, "recreational" flying for middle-class teachers had become extinct ... 

... but ...
... but, while it isn't exactly the supercharged G50 model of the beechcraft twin bonanza, cruising the tight curly-wags my trusty bmw f650 gets close enough for a thrill ...