I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

June 23, 2015

AURORA BOREALIS ADDENDUM

... faithful to the photographers' credo, john took time to snap a picture of me ...

... by the way, don't be misled by the capability of modern technology ... when these images were taken it was completely dark to the unaided eye at ground level, we had to use flashlights to see to set our cameras ... 

... okay, yes, if the thought came to you you're absolutely correct ... "snap a picture" is a bit of a misstatement ... we both very carefully set up our tripods, then i held perfectly still during the 30-seconds his camera's shutter was open ... not exactly a candid, eh ... give me some credit, however, for remaining motionless during the exposure even when a ginormous mosquito landed on my cheek, with his needlelike organic syringe pieced a major blood vessel, then proceeded to suck about a quart of blood out of my face ... to tell the truth, i'm still a bit woozy, but, nevertheless, john got the shot ...

It is your trump
It is your hateful little trump
You pointed fiend,
Which shakes my sudden blood to hatred of you:
It is your small, high, hateful bugle in my ear.
D.H.LAWRENCE