I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

August 9, 2015

OF PICNIC AND BOAT RIDE AND WANDERING THE HEIGHT OF THE LAND

... my friend alison and i drove up to north new portland for our annual "wire bridge picnic"  ... she provides the eats, my job is the photography ...

... bella loves to pose ...

... such a little dog makes the rock look bigger ...

... alison ended the school year and a day or two later started her summer job as well as college classes ... today, i'm happy to say, she took a moment to slow down a bit ...

... me, i never tire of the rocks ...

 ... after the wire bridge i drove out to east pond to visit my friends ... here, from the new dock, a quick snapshot of an osprey ...

... too far away for a decent picture, still it was great fun to watch this heron getting ready to find his evening meal ...

... ann and chuck andrews, my dear friends ... we ate turkey burgers while enjoying the east pond evening ...

... as the sun descended to horizon chuck said, "let's go for a boat ride" ...

... so dark i could barely see, i played with my fuji x-t1's low-light settings ...

... another wonderful east pond sunset, from another wonderful east pond boat ride ...

... today i drove up to skowhegan to visit liz at her craft fair kiosk ...

... she makes the most charming jewelry ... (remember, you can click on images to see larger versions) ...



... she uses recycled materials, here you see earnings made from the thin metal of beverage containers ...


... daughter and mother, which, of course, is rather obvious ...

 ... after a nice meal at thompson's i drove route 16 up to the height of the land, then started wandering back roads using my famous "left turn, right turn, left turn" method ... when i pulled over i thought this long-horned cow was interested in me ...

... but, not me, it was her calf she was checking on ... the little creature was quite obviously deceased ... odd, even at my age, how for a moment a child-me experienced a powerful wave of sadness ...

... but it was over in a second, accepted, understood, in it's place as was the cow and healthy calf grazing in the far side of the field ...

... i took a picture of green thing, because it's good to take pictures of green things ...

... these are the roads i ride ...

... in maine, it often seems, one doesn't need signs along side of the road to show where one town ends and another begins ...

... what a wonderful day ...