I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

August 20, 2015

A LITTLE AFTERNOON BREAK

... today we visited maine state museum to view the excellent exhibit of the work of kosti ruohomaa ... ruohomaa was one of the great photographers of the 1940-50s era, especially noted for the pictures he took chronicling the daily lives of mainers ... many of his photographs were used as life magazine covers ... when i was first learning to be a photographer many of the pages from that great magazine graced the walls of my bedroom, with many others his work serving to both inspire and tutor me ...
KOSTI RUOHOMAA
... after we drove over to take a stroll through the maine state viles arboretum ... it was a hot, bright afternoon, so we greatly enjoyed breaking photography's infamous "not at high noon" rule ... i thought i was going to have a hay fever fit when we walked through this field, but john informed me that nobody is allergic to these yellow weeds ... apparently it is the other yellow weeds that are the problem ... i learn something new every day ...

... at first glance i thought there might be a bird living here ...

... my tamron 90mm sp macro lens and i, we're becoming great friends ...

... a little ant, he, too, wanderabouting his fascinating world ...