I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

March 13, 2016

FIRST RIDE

... technically, of course, the second ride, since when i took it out of roger's garage last week i drove it around the block ... but, at a bit over 50 miles, today's little jaunt was more appropriate as a springtime two-wheel debut ... score one for my maintenance skills, at the very first twist of the ignition key the bmw turned over smartly and purred like a very happy kitten ... 

... it was about 50°f outside this afternoon, with a very brisk 20-25 mph breeze coming down from the still snow covered mountains to the northwest ... my electric underjacket kept my torso toasty warm, but, alas, i hadn't really planned all that well, so, having been sans long-johns, neck scarf, and boots, i am much afraid it's going to be well into the evening before my legs thaw ...

... ice on the lakes i drove alongside, snowbanks in the woods still to melt down, but, knowing that what i'm about to say will tempt the fickle new england weather spirit, spring has arrived ...