I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 20, 2016

A STORM WANDERS BY

... towards evening the sky to the west of my downtown apartment began to hint at what the national weather service had already issued emergency warnings ... as i took this picture the weather radar was displaying a giant red blotch just over the horizon to the far left in the photograph ...

... soon great mountains of cloud erupted into the stratosphere ... i clicked the little "future" button on the radar display and saw that there were now two red blotches ... it appeared they were going to pass on each side of waterville ... i crossed my fingers ...

“Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices,
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.”
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE


... even though a great curtain of water cascaded darkly from the sky only a few hundred yards away my rooftop vantage remained dry ...

... sirens echoed in the distance ... thinking of the warning that there might be "golf ball sized" hail or even a tornado, i could only hope that my friends living to the north of me were safe and secure in their homes ...

... then, in a moment, it was over—at least for me, that is ... 

... i asked pa if storms were g*d being angry ... "nah, they just reminded us to appreciate clear skies" ...