I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 29, 2017

TESSA LEARNS TO READ

... i drove over to new hampshire for visiting (to include my niece's hot tub) and a bit of picture taking ... when i arrived adrien was reading to tessa ...

... as adrien sounded out the letters tessa tried to mimic her ...
 ... if you think of what's going on in terms of computing power, the processing tessa is applying to adrien's lip movements and the sounds she hears would probably require a pile of computers high enough to require an aircraft warning light ...

... so odd, the little girl i helped teach to read now a woman doing the same for another child ... i'm nothing but happy to admit that my eyes teared up ...
... i took a little wanderabout around the back yard, if for no other reason than compared to my first slr loaded with ektachrome modern digital sensors open up a whole new world of low-light exploration ... 

... this time of year the sunflowers always hold on ...

... i like the repetition of form ...

... little monsters ...

... a tiny hint of the next couple weeks ...

... now is time for supper with my niece, her husband, my daughter, my nephew, and a new friend ... the dogs, too ...

... what a beautiful day ...