I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

February 26, 2012

WE'RE GOING FOR A WALK, DAD


... from the beginning, with clear thoughts as to the future towards which they were growing, i tried to raise them as a pair ... while always respecting their unique individualities, i often reward them as a team, punished them as a team, and encouraged them to function as a team ... yes, i probably broke more'n a few of those "how to" rules, and, no, i don't care ... i would say to them, "whatever else, you're always going to have one another" ... here, the grand canyon's south rim only a few hundred feet in front of them, as they walk away to explore their world my little girls are beginning the process of breaking my heart ... i knew that was to happen, of course, as i understood it must, but when i snapped this image i was still blissfully unaware as to how painful the process would be to me ... now, however, i'm pleased to say, this is how i picture my most wonderful little girls ...

NIKON F3-NIKKOR 20MM-F/8-1/60TH-EKTACHROME-ISO400