I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

May 24, 2012

TWO WHEELIN' CROSS COUNTRY

... 180 miles being the most i've driven in a single day, here's my bike loaded and all ready to go for what i'm hoping will be my first long-distance trip, maine to new hampshire to rhode island and back again ... i've actually a bit of room left in the big bag, and, in case i find something interesting needs collecting, that bag expands to give another 30-40 cubic inches of storage space ... everything is  tied down nicely, although, to be honest, i've never feel things are quite as secure as they were in the service when we used mil-spec tie down straps strong enough to tow a car a out of a ditch ... (no, that's neither hyperbole nor hypothetical) ... since i made a decision that this was to be my first trip set to the motto of the post office letter carriers, allowing neither "... rain nor sleet nor gloom ..." to deter me, and i can see over the western horizon that there a few dark clouds making a bit of a threat, i've my rain gear all ready in the little bag strapped over the headlamp ... wish me luck, new hampshire and rhode island, here i come ...



NIKON D200-SIGMA 17-70@70MM@F9-1/200th-ISO100


... by the way, for those of you who pay attention to such things here's a snap of the new luggage carrier i had custom made for my motorcycle ...


CANON G7-CANON 7-44@10MM@F4-1/1000th-ISO100