I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 5, 2013

NOVA SCOTIA POSTSCRIPT

... as i wrote about a few weeks back, during our motorcycle journey across new brunswick and nova scotia we encountered ulf muller as he was making a fuel stop on one of the last stages of his great “round the world 2013 on motorcycles” adventure ... ulf was most gracious to take a bit of time to speak with us, and he discussed some of the difficulties involved with such an undertaking (“no film or support crew accompanying me”), the mechanical problems (“i’ve been riding for several days with no back shock absorber”), the political obstacles (“i rode across canada because it was easier for me to visit north korea than it was to get into the united states”), and some his motivations for making the trip (“i’ve a friend who could never take a trip like this because he has multiple sclerosis, so i’m raising funds for the swiss ms society”) ...


... i just noticed that roger took pictures with his cellphone ... i’ve posted them because ulf muller greatly inspired me ...