I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

November 14, 2013

ABOUT TO TAKE A SHORT BREAK FROM MOTORCYCLING

... robert snapped a few shots of me heading out to take my bike down to its winter home in mt. vernon  ...

... i really like this picture ... it almost makes me and my bmw seem wicked nasty bad ... yea, "almost," i said, since with me wearing all my cold weather gear mostly it looks like the goodyear blimp has taken up two-wheelin' ... (and, how much would you bet that seeing this shot both my daughters're commenting, "yea, check out the nose, no doubt about it, that's our dad") ...

... here's a more conventional image ... on each side of the back seat you can see peeking up the aluminum brackets that will soon hold my custom designed luggage rack (why buy when you can make, right) ...

... it's about twenty-three miles from the front of the bookstore to the rogers' house in mt. vernon ... today, in 43-46°f air, it was over 100 miles of scooting around central maine back roads before i arrived ... saturday i'll clean off the road grime, check the fluids, put some stabilizer in the gas, hook up the trickle charger, and, most important, cross my fingers that early march will have mid-40°f days and roads free of ice and snow ...