I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 13, 2014

QUIET IN NEW PORTLAND

... the shoulder of the highway completely iced over, i had to leave my car in the driving lane with the flashers on while i took a little walk into the north new portland cemetery ...
... each time my boots broke through the surface several little chunks of ice would roll downhill, chorusing crystalline merriment all the way to the edge of the cemetery ...
... when the icy surface gave way beneath me a great exploding fracturing noise would echo across the graveyard ... nobody complained ...
... this made me smile ...
... this made me wonder ...

... myself, i've no desire ever to end up being buried, but on days like this i understand cemeteries ...