I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

April 7, 2014

WANDERING WATERVILLE

... i like to walk around town ... along the way during my little journeys there're almost always pictures to be found ... here's a photograph late at night i shot with my ipad and then edited in snapseed ...

... waiting to get a new "canadian non-resident inter-province motor vehicle liability insurance card" (note: that's the only "legal" proof of coverage when traveling in canada) i played with the lights in the waiting area ...

... just before my card was brought to me i became interested in this scene ...

... john came over to show me his new macbook pro ... we took our cameras for a little stroll ...

... still not the photograph i've been over and over for decades trying to capture, but i thought you might appreciate a peek at the "last surviving toll footbridge in the united states" ...

... john trying to capture the falls ... if you go back to the previous journal entry, you'll see that all of this was completely submerged during the great flood ... look between the two center span supports for the railroad bridge, you'll spot an intake for the power generating facility which is further downstream ... during the flood that intake can be seen as a whitewater wave ...

... a self-portrait ...

... after john left i decided to wander awhile longer ... noticing an interesting reflection in the window of the business supply store, i paused, composed a shot, and waited for someone to fill the frame at the end of the sidewalk ... snapping my picture, i looked up and smiled as i said hello to my good friend, roger ...

... there are nice things living in a small town ...