I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

June 12, 2016

MAINE CANOE SYMPOSIUM

... john invited me to be a presenter at this year's "maine canoe symposium" ... i also took pictures throughout the weekend ... although i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, since i gave all the photographs to m.c.s. i'll limit myself to these two images from early saturday morning ...

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
HENRY DAVID THOREAU


... i had a wonderful time at the symposium ... i met some very nice people, ate well, and got to sleep in a really cool platform tent ... even more than this, the three days at moose pond brought to me neglected memories of the many times my father trekked us into the woods ... from my childhood it was the shared camaraderie of the camp that would slowly metamorphose into a solid foundation upon which i could securely stand as i struggled to learn life's important lessons ...

... thank you, m.c.s., thank you , john, and, forever, thank you, pa ...