I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

November 20, 2017

THE FISH HATCHERY

... "girls're coming over for late lunch, but, sure, let's go for a few hours and see if we can find some pictures" ... john arrived and waited a few minutes for me to put the turkey in the oven, then we were off to wanderabout ... from parameter ridge you can almost see the roof of my building ...

... last year i took pictures of the barn that was occupying this spot, but it seems that it's been carted away for historical preservation ... no matter, i think the dam which used to be hidden from sight is quite scenic ... i'm going to recommend to the town that during the holiday season they put a tree with pretty lights atop the old foundation pedestal ... that'd be rather cool ...

... the old house next to the pond is a bit spooky ...

... soon, very soon, ice ...

... we stopped at the fish hatchery in palermo ... i'd been talking with john about how the back roads we were driving reminded me of alaska, and how once or twice a summer pa would treat us with a visit to state fish hatchery ... as we walked down to take pictures along the sheepscot river i was suddenly struck with a powerful memory rush ... the gushing sound the water made as it twisted around a sharp bend at the base of a sand bluff brought to me an image of my father standing in the current, casting his line as he chuckled across to me, "supper's just about to arrive" ... so real was the image that i sat down on a fallen tree, waiting for the fish to be handed to me for cleaning ... when i realized i was the only person present i cried, momentarily sad, but soon the tears were naught but of an ever so soft melancholy ... 

... we visited the fish hatchery ... while standing in this spot a slithering mucous dripping tentacle grabbed my leg and pulled me beneath the dark surface ...

... john waited a bit, then drove home ... my last act had been to to toss my camera to him, "check the pictures, see if i got any good ones" ... in my memory he decided to use this one ...

... beneath a turbulent sky the green slimy thing swam its way downstream, seeking new hunting grounds ...

... the end ... ??? ...