I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

May 19, 2019

EMILY & BERNARD MARRY

... emily, daughter of catherine and gerry menard, my good friends from way-way back in our college days, was married this evening in newport, rhode island ... something's seriously wrong with the math, of course, since there's just no way the state would issue a marriage licence to a little girl ... i'll figure it as soon as i can manage to accept that her brother's forty, a number my daughter informed me is going to arrive for her next year, also ... oh, my, how i hate math ...

... since i was a guest it was a luxury for me to just snap pictures for fun ... i began with a old-time shot of the harbor ...
   

... the weather was perfect for a seaside wedding ...
   

... quite fascinating, that while i've a modern sony a7ii dslr, the lens i used was the same one with which i took photographs on film at her brother's wedding ... yea, i know, more math ... i had fun shooting knowing i was going to process the images in a more "classic" style ...
   

... bernhard seemed to be having a grand time ...
   

... emily's pa, my friend and college roommate, gerry ...
   

... i remember when emily was a little girl like her niece ...
   

... more father-of-the-bride joy ...
   
   

... the band was one of the best i've ever enjoyed ...
   

... i believe bernhard's pa created this  ...
   

... my observation, em and bernhard share the meaning of the word "fun" ...
   
     

... after an excellent meal the dance floor was packed ...
   

... a beautiful spot on the shore of narraganset bay ...
    

... a wonderful couple, a wonderful evening, the beginning of what i am sure is going to be a most wonderful marriage ...
   
   


NOTE:  THESE ARE WEB-QUALITY VERSIONS.  I WILL GIVE EM THE FULL PRINT-QUALITY FILES.