I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

April 21, 2020

WANDERABOUTING WATERVILLE

... some of these images i've already posted on facebook, but both those and the new ones are here for all those who enjoy my photography ...

 ... roger and i took a little "social distancing" stroll along the waterfront ... i brought along my "new" sony a7ii ... right, with no word from the repair facility i decided that i could deal with the entire world turning topsy-turvy, but not without a camera to share the experience ...

... another social distancer, enjoying the fresh spring air ...
   

... it used to be a bank, now it's a medical care employment agency with a big sign flashing "help wanted"...
   

... soon, i hope, there'll be leaves to photograph ...
   

... my pal, roger, patiently suffering me and my camera ...
   

... the old mill, now a storage facility ... timely ironic, this industrial behemoth used to produce a significant percentage of america's—ah, yes, that would be "bathroom tissue" ...
   

... my little town, from the park across the river in winslow ...
   

... springtime in maine ...
   

... waterville's de facto official mass transportation hub ...
   

... roger maintained the appropriate distance, but he kept his cell phone ready in case the coast guard was going to be needed to rescue me ...
   

... between snow melt in the mountains and heavy spring rains the ticonic falls dam was a thundering cascade ...
   

... much, much quieter in the summer and fall, this is one of my favorite spots in waterville ...
   

... haircuts and shopping and toilet paper and chicken wings, what must he be thinking as he listens to the complaints ...
   

... sheltered in the dry thatch, timeless sharing ...
   

... several summers back i took eric to the five islands to introduce him to steamers done up proper ... revisited, an image from wonderful day ...
   

... waterville's 2¢ bridge ...
... i see new faces about, wanderabouting, i hope lessons are being learned ...