I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

November 6, 2013

HOLDING ON THE AUTUMN

... frost on my car in the morning, western mountains topped with snow, still, i'm not ready to let go of the autumn ... i went for a little stroll around town, as i headed out instead of taking one of my big bad nikons i grabbed my little olympus ... in the place of its normal lens, attached was a cleverly machined adaptor mailed to me all the way from china ... it allowed me to use a thirty-five year old olympus zuiko macro lens with the modern digital camera body ...


... while the camera has a built-in manual lens focus assist mode, it was much easier to use the classic "move the camera back and forth until the image is sharp" approach ... other than that, the operation of the camera/lens combination was normal ...

... under heavy snow it would sometimes droop across the driveway, and for many years i've wondered when someone would trim the branch of this tree on boutelle street ...

... across the street from the "molly brown" i looked down to discover a random composition of algebraic, chaotic, and fractal geometry ...

 ... along silver street autumn resisted ...

... but a brisk late afternoon breeze promised the soon, very soon, winter would do more than merely hint ...

... in one of the concourse plazas, beneath the empty limbs of a tree the earth accepted the return of what it had given ...

... on my belly, sprawled out as i so loved to do when i was a child, in a single leaf i rediscovered autumn's splendor ...