I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

May 13, 2014

OF MIKE & LENS & ERRANDS

... mike took me for an errand outing, of which one stop was for me to check out the venue where i'm doing another wedding in a few weeks ... driving away from that, the streak of grease on his windshield irritated him enough that he pulled into one of his favorite "smoke a cigar after work" spots ... while he was cleaning car i wandered over to the little dam below the road ...


... i wondered how long this broken off tree branch will defy the flow ...


... again on our way, a few miles down the winding back road  i yelled, "stop the car" ... i probably should've been a bit more descriptive of what i wanted, since mike left two nice black streaks when he jammed on the brakes and screeched to a halt in the middle of the lane ... no matter that, before the smoke was clear i was already out the door and performing my special "photography stealth walk" back towards the swamp alongside the road ...


... this was my first attempt at this sort of thing using my new nikon 18-200mm zoom ...


... i was very conscious of of the fact that the much appreciated sigma 100-300mm i just parted with provided much more magnification than the new lens ...


... looking at these pictures, each having had almost 1/2 of the original cropped out, observing the sharpness and contrast in the images, and reminding myself that in this situation if i hadn't made the lens change the sigma zoom would've been sitting on the shelf back in my apartment, i decided for once and forever that, indeed, mine was a good decision ...

... halfway through errands mike took me to the village tavern for lunch ...


... i like photographing his hands ... 


... tomorrow he and beth head to ohio while i'm to be on my way back to maine ... today we shared a nice little wanderabout  ...