I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 22, 2014

NOT EXPLORING THE BREAKNECK ROAD

... after wandering up to conway for another of big dave's "world's best" roast-beef-on-a-bagel treats, and making a stop to peruse the offerings at whitehorse gear, i headed east on route 302, then turned south on the haley town road to explore the maine/new hampshire border ... the haley town road lead me to the old county road, which was supposed to bring me to the breakneck road ...

... except, of course, i'd forgotten that quite often google refers to not-quite-up-to-date county maps as resources for their own map program ... not wanting to learn the reason the "breakneck road" is so named, i backtracked to the sam brown hill road and eventually popped out of the woods near crystal lake ...

... what a nice wanderabout ...