I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 12, 2015

FIRST X-T1 "SNAPSHOT" CANDID

... we drove down to the five islands to eat some steamers ... while waiting for the first round to be delivered i noticed that some young men were having a great time jumping off the pier into the cool water below ... without leaving my seat i picked up the x-t1, attached my "new" (30+ years old) zuiko 200mm f/4 lens, and, with manual focus and light adjustment, tried to capture the entertainment ...
... the clams arrived, so i put the camera into my little top bag and proceeded to do a bit of diving of my own—face first into a pile of yummy bivalves ...

... halfway through my meal a background noise caught my attention ... looking over to the group of guys, i saw what was about to take place, grabbed the x-t1 from the bag, and, in one motion, set the aperture, i.s.o. (dial instead of menu, another check mark for fuji), raised the camera to my eye and, again using manual focus, fired of a single frame ...

... the process of the second picture took far longer to describe than it's actual duration ...

... i finished the clams, then turned to eric and said, "well, i don't know about you, but that was just an appetizer" ...

... the five islands, what a wonderful place ...

... x-t1, we're getting to be great pals ...

... steamed clams, well, if there is a heaven i'm sure they're served every day ...