I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 20, 2015

PAINTER IN PARKING LOT

... i put my motorcycle up for the winter yesterday, this afternoon roger stopped by to chat about next year's wanderabout ... !!! ... while we were talking i noticed a man in the parking lot setting up what at first i thought was a laptop computer on a tripod ... no binoculars, but then i remembered that on the shelf was a "new" thirty-year old tamron 300mm sp lens ... from an image shot hand-held, this 30% crop isn't all that bad ...

... i grabbed my camera and went down to meet bruce, an artist ...

... my fuji x-t1 had the tamron 90mm sp macro affixed ... for those of you who aren't photographers, this translates out that for picture taking in a crowded parking lot i probably should've picked a lens with a wider view ... i didn't worry it much, one of my mottos being, "if the u.f.o. hovers in front of you, don't run back to the house to get the proper lens for u.f.o. photography—make do with what's on the camera" ...

... fascinating ...

... past six o'clock, now it's time to do some art in the kitchen ...