I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

June 1, 2016

RI TO MAINE - THE LONG WAY 'ROUND

... normally, when i drive home from mike and beth's house in rhode island the trip takes me between 3-1/2 (flying) and 5 (lollygagging) hours ... the full directions for the route would be:

... take station street
to hunters' crossing
to 116n
to 14e
to 295n
to 95n
get off at the first waterville exit ...

... today my self-made "trip tick" looked like this ...

... reads upper-right to lower-right to upper-left to lower-left ... (yes, for those of you who are geographically observant, after 202 i completed the final 20 miles from memory) ... is one tiny mistake, but that ended up affording me a casual exploration of the scenic countryside near "shot-heard-'round-the-world" concord ... 

... mike and beth's house to my place, no interstates, divided highways, or tolls ... !!! ... and, yes, it took a tad bit longer than usual ... left at nine o'clock this morning, arrived here at about 8:15pm, just as the daylight was fading from the sky ... interesting, how the math works, since the total distance i drove today was only about 15% more than the "fast route" ...

... a wonderful visit, beth helped me figure how to make ma's famous fish cakes, mike and i had a nice little wanderabout all our own, and, tired as i am, i enjoyed a great ride home ...