I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 12, 2012

TURN AROUND, LOOK AT ME


... when we hear these lyrics it's interesting how those of us who recall* the sixties always think of the vogues, or, perhaps, the lettermen, never giving thought to jerry capehart**, who wrote the song, or, believe or not, glen campbell, who first made the u.s.a. charts with it in 1961 ... what's music got to do with photography, you ask ... simple ... keep this tune in your head ... when you're finding it difficult to see something through your camera's lens, close your eyes, hum the song to yourself, turn your back to the scene, open your eyes, look again ...

NIKON D200-SIGMA 10-20MM@10MM-F7.1-1/60th-ISO400

* i know, "if you can remember it you weren't really there," but that's just another of the myths of those times ...
**and, if "i'll wait forever for you to come to me" is a bit too sweet for your taste, how about:

"I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm a-gonna raise a holler,
About a-workin' all summer just-a- trying to earn a dollar,
Everytime I call my baby, try to get a date,
The boss says: "No dice son, you gotta work a-late."
Sometimes I wonder what I'm a- gonna do,
But there ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues."