I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

August 27, 2012

EAST POND WEDDING


NIKON D200-SIGMA 17-70@42MM-F4.5-1/40th-ISO100-FILL FLASH   
... melissa and chris, a most delightful couple, invited me to be the "official" photographer for their wedding on east pond ...

NIKON D200-SIGMA 17-70@5MM-F8-1/25-ISO100-FILL FLASH   
... it was quite sunny out, so after the ceremony i took the group over to a small glade at the edge of the woods that i had scouted out earlier in the day  ...

NIKON D200-NIKKOR 18-135@95MM-F6.3-1/50th-ISO400-FILL FLASH   
... watching them stand in the glaring sun as they waited to make their entrance, for a second i managed to put away my color eyes, reminding myself of how contrast is often hidden beneath hue ...

NIKON D200-NIKKOR 18-135@44MM-F8-1/200th-ISO200-FILL FLASH   
... my good friend, chuck, had graciously allowed his skippering services so that melissa and chris could enjoy a sunset cruise on east pond ...

NIKON D200-NIKKOR 18-135@112MM-F6.3-1/50th-ISO400-FILL FLASH   
... entering the reception hall, i happened to glance sideways down the length of the porch that encircles the building ... i noticed this little flower girl sitting on a bench ... again, as always, i find myself both perplexed and in awe as to the workings of the photographer's mind ... from that first glance, i walked through another entrance, turned, strolled another thirty feet or so, then raised my camera to eye as i stepped into the mid-building doorway which framed her ... she was looking down–CLICK ... she peeked up at me, head barely lifted–CLICK ... i waited ... i waited ... i waited forever, because, after all, that's what photographers know how to do ... she looked up again, allowing me that i humored her–CLICK ... (the color version of this, and many, others, too, is at the wedding album page of my website, "melissa & chris," i'd be most interested to know which you like better) ...

... while i was packing up to leave melissa and chris thanked me for being their photographer, then they paid me ... can you believe that, they actually gave me money ... kind of like if you spent a day enjoying all the rides at disneyland, then, on your way out, ol' walt himself came up to you, gave you a big hug, and said, "oh, i hope you had a great time ... we're so happy you came, here's some money for your efforts" ... not that i minded, of course, since i'm sure the car's soon to make another odd noise, but ... hmmmm, well, seeing as spending time with such a wonderful couple was both cake and icing, i guess i will have to consider the cash as the take-home box ... !!! ...

"To photograph: it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye and the heart."
HENRI CARTIER-BRESSEN