I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 15, 2013

ICE MAIDEN


OLYMPUS E-P1 PROJECT
... for a moment, oddly defenseless, i found myself falling in love with her, until i realized how cold she was, that her stare was neither seductive nor beguiling, simply sad and lonely ... it was then i desired only to wrap my coat around her bare shoulders, and tell her it was okay if she didn't want to be forever frozen in two dimensions ... but, i didn't do that, instead i left her alone to continue her waiting and went on with my day ...

PHOTOGRAPHY P.S. - THIS PICTURE IS AN EXAMPLE OF MY SOMETIMES POOR "FILING DISCIPLINE."  AFTER I HAD POSTED THE PICTURE I NOTICED A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE IMAGE (A LARGE SECTION HAD BEEN ACCIDENTALLY ERASED DURING THE PROCESSING PHASE).  I SEARCHED FOR THE ORIGINAL IMAGE, ALAS, EVEN THE "DEEP SCAN" FEATURE OF DISK DRILL COULDN'T RECOVER IT EITHER FROM MY HARD DRIVE NOR ON THE FLASH CARD.  TO PRODUCE THIS IMAGE I WAS FORCED TO "REPAIR" THE DAMAGED VERSION.  SO, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE PHOTOSHOPICALLY  INCLINED, CAN YOU FIND MY CORRECTIONS?