I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

February 13, 2013

SUE IN THE BIG SKY

WITTNAUER FESTIVAL-STEINER 45MM-KODACHROME-ISO 25
... in the spring of 1958 we left the tropical warmth of palm beach and drove to rhode island where we visited with the groleau clan long enough that i was enrolled in the grammar school to finish up the first-grade ... i remember the ancient wooden desks, and that my teacher was so tenured she could talk about when my dad had been her student ... pre-interstate highway system, we then drove state and u.s. routes cross-country all the way to seattle, washington, where we boarded a ship to sail north to the united states territory of alaska ...

... here, sue, as was usual, is making sure my brother and i both knew it was completely useless for either of us to even think of entering the charm contest ... the shoes are store-bought, ma always made sure we had the very best, but sue's attire was completely a creation of my mother's talents with needle and thread ... over fifty years since this picture was taken, yet still that outfit is nothing but totally cool ...