I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

December 14, 2013

ANOTHER WINTER IN ANOTHER TIME

... alaska, circa 1960 ... i'd try, of course, but i was too small to be of much help to my brother, whose task was to first find the car, then clean off the snow ... the wire going to the engine was connected either to a block heater, or, perhaps, an electric "battery blanket" ... i believe that this was the winter during which temperatures sometimes dropped below -30°f ...

... prior to this time my recollections were only of living in key west and west palm beach, florida, and my very first memories were of the warm sands of the tropical beach across the road from my gram's house on grand cayman in the british west indies ... imagine young patrick in this weather ...