I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

December 30, 2013

FLYIN' BY PRESTON ESTERBOOK'S


... i went on a drive with liz down to augusta to get a new battery for her car ... enjoying my hands-free position in the passenger seat, i rolled* down the window and played impressionist with the light coming though the trees alongside the interstate ...

... when first moved to waterville at certain times of year i often found myself screwing up my nose as i cruised the highway between waterville and sydney ... it was explained to me, "that's preston esterbook's farm, he's one for spreading sludge" ...

... "preston esterbrook" ... such a neat name, don't you think ...

... photographers should never forget that despite the comfort found in thinking they're simply "recording," the literal meaning of the word itself, from the greek, is "to paint or draw with light" ...

... *no longer any window cranks, just a little button ... should we find a new word, use the rather mundane "opening/closing," or, as we do when we "turn on" of the lights, just stick with tradition ... ??? ...